Mastering Photoshop CS3 for Print Design and Production by Ted LoCascio
Unlike the early days of Photoshop, for several years now most Photoshop books have been aimed at photographers; there is a big hole on the bookstore shelf that needs to be filled by a Photoshop book that is geared specifically towards graphic design professionals and production artists. This core audience should not have to wade through useless chapters of content geared towards other users of the application, namely professional photographers, web designers, and video editors.
Mastering Photoshop for Print Design and Production sets graphic designers and production artists in the right direction when implementing the latest version of Photoshop into their everyday workflow. It demonstrates how to use Photoshop for all aspects of print, from simpler tasks such as basic color correction and masking, to more advanced tasks such as color management, utilizing layer comps, and troubleshooting and automating RGB-to-CMYK color conversion.
Entirely four-color throughout, Mastering Photoshop for Print Design and Production fulfills the promise of the Mastering series, to provide real-world skills to professionals and students. Like all Mastering books, this one includes:
* A "by pros for pros" approach: The author is an active professional working in graphic arts, layout, and design, writing for professionals who want to improve their skills or learn new skills.
* Real-world examples: Running throughout the text are examples of how the various skills are applied in scenarios faced by real practitioners.
* Skill-based teaching and hands-on exercises.
* Companion files for tutorials and projects are provided on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Note: CD-ROM//DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Mastering Photoshop CS3 for Print Design and Production - Sybex; Pages: 544; Paperback; country: us, Suggested retail price: $49.99
* Buy it now for $27.10 and help support this web site!